Declaration on the Protection of Personal Data
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE APP/WEBAPP
Person Responsible for Processing and Principles
The responsible entity for processing, EQ3 SA, a public limited company with its registered office at 6 rue Viollier 1207 Geneva, Switzerland (hereinafter referred to as "EQ3"), recognises the importance of keeping the personal data of its customers and other counterparties confidential and protecting their privacy rights.
Consequently, all personal data and information (hereinafter referred to as "Data") provided in connection with our services will be processed lawfully, fairly, transparently and confidentially by EQ3.
By contracting the services offered by EQ3 (hereinafter referred to as the "Services") you acknowledge and agree that, in connection with our Services, Data is or will be collected by EQ3 in accordance with this Declaration. Data will be collected and used solely for the purposes of the Services offered by EQ3 or any subsequent contractual relationship or arrangement with EQ3. For this purpose, they may be transmitted, sold, rented to any third party in the context of the execution of the Services.
Therefore, (i) entering into an engagement / arrangement with EQ3 or (ii) requesting / subscribe to an online EQ3's service means that you agree to the collection, processing (including dissemination and transmission to national and international tax authorities) of Data and agree to this Declaration.
Your consent on the above is collecting by a "tick the box" or other agreement process in our websites.
Basis and Purposes of Data Collection and Processing
The User concerned acknowledges that the collection and processing of Data by EQ3 is necessary for the completion of the Services.
The Data is collected by EQ3 for the following purposes:
- EQ3's services: management of the Services offered by EQ3 and management of any other services offered by EQ3 in the future.
- EQ3's overall view of its clients/partners: integration of all or part of the data processed for one of the specific purposes of the Services, to propose products or services adapted to the needs of EQ3's counterparties and, in general, to help EQ3 make the necessary decisions with regard to his counterparties.
- EQ3 Customer Management: EQ3's customer administration, invoicing services, marketing (newsletters, event invitations, etc.) and others.
What Data is Collected?
Information collected Directly from Subjects
EQ3 collects and records all information provided to it in connection with the online Services or by any other means in its Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system. The User may choose not to provide EQ3 with certain information, however this decision may have the effect of depriving the User of certain Services or features offered in connection with the Services.
As part of the Services, EQ3 collects the following data (contemplative, non-exhaustive list):
- Registration: to create an account on the App/Webapp, you must provide your first and last names, e-mail address, as well as a password.
- Profile: you can choose information from your profile, such as FEI number, telephone, nationality and picture.
- Gallery: to finish the purchase of digital photos on the App/Webapp you must provide billing data.
Where EQ3 has given a User (or where User has chosen) a password which enables him/her to access certain parts of the App/Webapp, User is responsible for keeping this password confidential. EQ3 asks Users not to share their password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although EQ3 will do its best to protect Users' personal data, EQ3 cannot guarantee the security of Users' data transmitted to the App/Webapp. Any transmission is at User's own risk. Once EQ3 has received Users' information, EQ3 will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Information collected from Third Parties - Subcontractors
As part of its Services, EQ3 may also collect data from third parties. Data collected from third parties is treated in the same way as Data collected directly from the Users (see paragraph 4.1 above).
- Personal data linked to events/shows/competitions: we receive Data (including your contact information) when others import or communicate information about events, shows or competitions in using our Services, or send messages using our Services.
- Partnership: we receive Data about you when you use the services of our customers and partners, such as employers, potential employers or application tracking systems, who provide us with data on the advertisements you are applying for.
- Related companies and other services: we receive Data about you when you use other services provided by us or our affiliates, including L.H Equestrio SA (editor of Equestrio).
EQ3 may be considered as a processor of personal data in the context of information collected from third parties, according to the applicable regulations. Should this be the case, EQ3 will, if necessary and required, enter into a subcontracting agreement with the third parties concerned to ensure compliance with the present Declaration.
Use of Services
We record usage data when you access or use our Services in any way, including our sites, applications, and platform technology (eg the App/Webapp), including when you view or click on content or ads, when you perform a search, when you install or update one of our mobile apps, when you share articles or pictures or when you apply for ads. We use login credentials, device information and IP addresses to identify you and register your activity.
Devices and location
We can receive the URL of the site you are leaving and the site where you are going. We can also obtain information about the IP address, proxy server, operating system, web browser, add-ins, device features and ID, and / or the name of your mobile operator or provider.
As our Services are dynamic, we often offer new features that may require the collection of new information. If we collect Data of a substantially different nature or significantly change our use of your data, we will notify you and modify this Declaration as well.
Methods of Data Processing
The Data is processed by EQ3 - or by third parties selected on the basis of their reliability and competence, as well as by duly appointed data controllers - solely for the purpose of carrying out the purposes specified in paragraph 3.2 above, mainly by means of computer tools, but also on paper.
Subject to paragraphs 8 (Rights of Users) and 9 (Closing of accounts), EQ3 retains the Data for as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with the regulations applicable to the Services.
Specific measures are applied to prevent the risk of loss of data, unlawful or improper use and unauthorised access (see paragraph 7 - Confidentiality, Security and Data Protection below).
The App/Webapp may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of EQ3's partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If Users follow a link to any of these websites, they should note that these websites have their own privacy policies and their own terms and conditions. EQ3 does not accept any responsibility or liability for the same. It is Users' sole responsibility to these policies or terms and conditions before they submit any personal data to these websites.
Knowledge and Data Transmission
The Data that will be transmitted to EQ3 will be known and used by EQ3 employees and/or its subsidiaries (national or foreign) for the sole purpose of performing the Services that constitute the purpose for which the Data was collected.
As part of the performance of the Services, EQ3 may transmit the Data to third parties, as stated below.
The transmission of data to third parties is alternatively based on (i) an adequacy decision, (ii) appropriate safeguards or (iii) a waiver for specific situations (execution of a mandate related to the Services offered by EQ3, in particular).
It is already stated that, EQ3 may use information held about Users or information provided by them (contemplative, non-exhaustive list):
- To ensure that content from the App/Webapp are presented in the most effective manner for Users and for their devices.
- To provide Users with information, products or services that they request from EQ3 or which EQ3 feels may interest them, where they have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To allow Users to participate in interactive features of EQ3's Services, when they choose to do so.
- To notify Users about changes to EQ3's Services.
EQ3 may also use Users' data, or permit selected third parties to use Users' data, to provide Users with information about goods and services which may be of interest to them. EQ3 does not disclose information about identifiable individuals to its advertisers, but EQ3 may provide them with aggregate information about Users. EQ3 may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. EQ3 may make use of the personal data it has collected from Users to enable it to comply with its advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
EQ3 may also transfer, by selling or renting, Data to third parties / partners in connection with Services offered to such third parties / partners, such as services in connection with the collection, analysis and compilations of data related to event / shows / competitions. In such a context, Data may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (hereinafter referred to as the "EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who works for EQ3.
EQ3 doesn't practice profiling of Users.
EQ3 may also disclose Users' personal information to any member of its group, which means its sister companies and/or its own subsidiaries. EQ3 may also disclose Users' personal information to third parties.
Finally, EQ3 may have to share the Data:
- To put at your disposal the Service you need;
- Where permitted or required by law to comply with a valid legal process;
- To protect and defend EQ3's rights or property, including the security of its products and service;
- To protect the personal safety, property or other rights of the public, EQ3 or its customers or employees; or
- In connection with the sale of all or part of EQ3's operations.
Privacy, Security and Data Protection
EQ3 undertakes to ensure that there are adequate levels of protection. EQ3's servers and systems are always kept up-to-date to ensure that EQ3 always has the latest security updates.
Data will be transmitted and stored on DigitalOcean' servers, access to which is strictly limited. DigitalOcean is committed to providing an environment that is safe, secure, and available to all of our customers and applies highest standards in terms of security.
EQ3 has taken the appropriate technical and organisational precautions to ensure that systems and servers are accessible to duly authorised persons, as well as special precautions with regard to the protection of our technical environment (e. g. use of Firewalls).
Rights of the Users
Users may exercise the following rights with respect to their data in connection with the processing of Data:
- Right to request access to stored data;
- Right to request the rectification of stored data;
- Subject to the applicable legal provisions on data retention and the execution of the Services, the right to request the deletion of stored data;
- Subject to the applicable legal provisions regarding the processing of data and the execution of the Services, the right to request a limitation of the processing of stored data; and
- Subject to the applicable legal provisions regarding the processing of data and the execution of the Services, the right to request a prohibition on the processing of stored data.
Generally speaking, the User has the right to require EQ3 to protect his/her data. EQ3 works tirelessly to protect itself and its users from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of information that is held. More specifically:
- EQ3 respects this Declaration in all circumstances with respect to all Data that EQ3 collects about the User concerned;
- EQ3 limits the use and disclosure of Data and ensures that anyone with whom EQ3 shares this information will treat it with the confidentiality and security it deserves; and
- EQ3 has implemented physical, technical and administrative procedures to protect the information collected.
The exercise of any right set forth in the paragraph shall be carried out in accordance with the provisions of paragraph 9 (Notices) below.
Closing of accounts
If you close your App/Webapp account, your Data will no longer be visible on our Services within 24 hours. We usually delete information from closed accounts within 30 days, with the following exceptions:
- We store your Data after the closure of your account in case of reasonable need to fulfill our legal obligations (including requests from the authorities), comply with regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, maintain security, prevent fraud and abuse, apply the Terms and Conditions of use for the App/Webapp JUMPFAX or respond to your request to no longer receive messages from us ("unsubscribe"). We retain personalized information after closing your account.
- Information that you have shared with third parties (such as sharing in other application/services) will still be visible after you close your account or delete your profile. We do not control data that other persons copy outside of our Services.
Changes and notices
EQ3's business is constantly evolving and this Declaration may change. Unless otherwise stated, our Declaration applies to the use of all information collected about any Subject.
Any change in this Declaration is governed by paragraph 12 (Changes) of the Terms and Conditions of use for the App/Webapp JUMPFAX. If you object to any changes on this Declaration, you can close your account. If you continue to use our Services after posting or sending notice of the changes we have made to these Declaration, you agree to the updated terms.
If you have any questions about EQ3's data protection, a detailed message can be sent to email@example.com and EQ3 will try to resolve them as soon as possible.